It’s important that the first time you light your candle you let it burn until the top layer of wax is completely melted and reaches the edges of the jar, which can take at least 3-4 hours depending on the size of the candle. This will help ensure a complete and even burn and allow the maximum amount of scent to be released.
Clinton Orchards recommends to always follow these steps each time you burn your candle:
- Allow the candle to burn for 3-4 hours during each lighting.
- Always keep the candle wick centered and trimmed to ¼ inch.
- Never burn the candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Discontinue burning the candle when ¼ inch of wax is remaining.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Extinguish candles before going to sleep or leaving the house.
- Keep candles out of reach of children, pets, drafts or anything flammable.
- Always place a burning candle on a clean, stable, and heat-resistant surface.